Great you have found our website, please take time to have a look around. Follow our walk exploits via the Flickr Photo Stream, See where we have been on the Panoramio web site, to see the beautiful countryside we walk in. The Burnley & Pendle area is steeped in History, Pendle being famed for the infamous witch trials of 1612, with Pendle Hill having many connections to local history, folklore, and legend.
Burnley and the surrounding area was the centre of the cotton industry and has many mills still standing, some converted to industrial units others to retail outlets.
Our walks take in much of the heritage of the area, some of our members are well versed in this and are happy to pass on information. So don’t delay join us today, we are a friendly bunch.
The Ramblers' Association is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Company registration no. 4458492. Registered charity, England & Wales no. 1093577, Scotland no. SC039799.
Registered office: 2nd Floor, Camelford House. 87-
You do not have to walk with a Group to join the Ramblers. If you are a lover of the countryside and support the aims
of the Ramblers then please do join today. Members receive:
* Offers With HF Holidays
* Walk -
* Discretionary discounts in many outdoor stores, including 10% off at Rohan. Local stores offering discounts include Ken Varey, Clitheroe and Whalley Warm and Dry.
* Discount on walking books can be obtained from Cicerone http://cicerone.co.uk/ quoting Burnley with your order
There are several walking groups in this area, so why join us the Burnley & Pendle Group? Well we put on a great programme of walks led by experienced leaders who can advise the best walks for your level of fitness, and we have a great programme of social events. You can come on three free taster walks with us. The Ramblers is a nation wide organisation that once you are a member you can meet up with any group in any part of the country to join a led walk.
Sent from my iPad
The Ramblers is a charity working for walkers.Our charitable aims are to:
* Promote Walking for everyone
* Keep the countryside beautiful and guard against unsuitable development
* Secure rights of responsible access to our countryside
* Protect Britain's unique network of paths
Follow us on Twitter
Visits to our site since 18.5.13